A slip and fall attorney can determine whether you are eligible for compensation by examining the circumstances of your case. For example, was the property owner negligent? Did he fail to warn visitors of a dangerous condition on his property? Did he know about the danger but fail to correct it? Can he be held liable for your injuries?
However, when you choose a slip and fall attorney, you need a partner that you can trust. This is not a decision you should take lightly. You should consider several things when choosing your attorney.
We’ve discussed these tips below;
How to Find a Suitable Slip and Fall Attorney
· Select an attorney who is well-versed with personal injury cases
It’s critical that you look for an attorney specializing in personal injury cases, especially those involving slip and fall accidents. They should also have trial experience in these types of cases.
Personal injury attorneys are well-versed in the laws pertaining to slip and fall accidents and the type of evidence needed to prove negligence and liability.
You will want an attorney who has handled similar slip and fall cases with successful outcomes for their clients. A proven track record will give you confidence in your decision to hire them.
Having an attorney who knows experts in the various field is an added advantage. These include accident reconstructionists, engineers, life care planners, economists, and others who can help prove your case.
· Ability to handle high-value claims
You will want a law firm with resources to handle high-value claims. Although many personal injury attorneys have the skills necessary to represent clients in large cases, not all have the financial resources needed to adequately handle all aspects of a high-value claim. They may be forced to settle your case early or turn it over to another firm with the resources needed.
· Knowledge of your medical condition
Ensure that the attorney you hire understands your injuries and your current medical treatment plan, plus any future medical treatment you might need.
Ensure the lawyer understands what happened at the time of your accident as well as what has happened since then. For example, how long were you on the ground after falling? Did anyone help you up? Were they helpful, or did they cause more injury? Have you lost any work due to your injuries? If so, how much? How much medical care have you received since the accident? Have you received a settlement offer from the insurance company and more?
What to Do after Injury
To increase the success of your claim, here’s what to do after getting involved in an accident.
- If you are injured at a supermarket or retail store, you should take pictures of the hazard that caused your slip and fall. It is also a good idea to get contact information from any witnesses. This is also a good practice in other situations where there may be a liability for an injury on someone else’s property or premises.
- Tell your doctor about all of your injuries, no matter how minor they seem.
- Do not discuss fault or liability with anyone except your lawyer.
- Get medical attention as soon as possible after your accident and injury and don’t “wait and see” if you feel pain.
- Be honest with your doctor when describing how your injury occurred. Don’t hide the fact that you fell because of a dangerous condition on someone else’s property or premises.
- Get legal advice before you talk to any insurance company or accept any settlement offer from them.
Keep in mind that choosing an attorney for slip and fall cases is not a decision that should be taken lightly. The stakes are high, the outcome is important, and the injury can affect your comfort and mobility.